Numbered, Limited Edition Hybrid 4.0 Multichannel SACD! Mastered by Kevin Gray!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 274/500!
Nightbirds became Labelle's most successful record, capturing the trio at their creative peak. The 1974 Top 10 album included their #1 hit, "Lady Marmalade" and after a decade of dues-paying hard work performing as Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles, Labelle found international fame. This is the album that taught the world how to seduce in French.
The brilliant voices of the three band members, Patti LaBelle, Sarah Dash, and Nona Hendryx were praised for mixing their R&B/pop sound with elements of rock and funk. The success of the album helped to pioneer the disco movement and influenced dance music for four decades. In 2003, the album was listed as one of Rolling Stone magazine's 500 greatest albums of all time. The 4.0 Quad was only released for a short period of time so this is a real musical treat as well as a collector's dream that appeals to the audiophile, the record collector, and fans of Patti Labelle.
"The finest of Labelle's original albums." -Rob Bowman, allmusic.com
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• Hybrid 4.0 Multichannel SACD
• Stereo CD and SACD mastering by Kevin Gray
• Includes Multichannel Mix in SACD Surround Sound and original 2-Channel Stereo Mixes in SACD Stereo and CD Stereo
• Quadrophonic Sound and Remix Supervision: Harold Kleiner
• Quadrophonic Engineer: Don Puluse
• Hybrid Multichannel SACD Plays On All SACD & CD Players
1. Lady Marmalade
2. Somebody Somewhere
3. Are You Lonely?
4. It Took A Long Time
5. Don't Bring Me Down
6. What Can I Do For You?
8. Space Children
9. All Girl Band
10. You Turn Me On